Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday!

Today Amy turns 25!  Many of you don't know our story, so here is a little summary.


I first remember when I saw her 2 summer's ago.  I was working in Reno for the summer as a salesman.  I was doing really good and my sales were higher than expected... that is until I saw my future bride at church.

She looked to be about 18 so I didn't want to go right up and start a conversation.  I needed to move in for a closer look to asses the situation with this skinny, pig tailed, brown eyed girl.

I approached her and worked her over with my smooth line, "Excuse me, do you know where the drinking fountain is?"  I was too shy after church to talk to her so I did the only respectable thing, sent a friend to talk to her.  He broke the ice and we invited ourselves over for board games and movies.  That night, I wooed her with my magic tricks which showed versatility and skillful hands.  When the movie came on (Finding Nemo) no one seemed to be sitting on the couch, except Amy.  So I sat by her and eventually she melted in my arms.  I said smooth lines like, "Your hair smells like Peppermint, I like that."

I knew fairly early on that she was 'the one'; it was love at first sight and I haven't looked back since.  We had a short courtship and long engagement.  

In our first year together we have made a lot of changes!  We moved 4 times, graduated college, started a business, new job, a baby, lots of sickness, but things always turn out okay.  She has proven to be resilient at anything life throws at us.  I have noticed huge growth in such a short time and I admire and love Amy for being such a great mother!

Happy 25 honey!  I hope we can continue to grow and each birthday will be better with each new year.

Please leave any comments for Amy on this special occasion-

11 comments:

Karrington said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you have a wonderful day that you will remember for a long time as being fun, exciting, and special. I hope the next 25 years are even better than the last 25.

Thank you for always being a great friend-I have so many great memories with you and hopefully one of these days we'll be able to meet up in Reno sometime and laugh about old times and make new memories as well. Most of all, thank you for introducing me to Brandon. Without you, I would not be married to the wonderful man I call my husband. I am so blessed to have known you and for the life I have today in part because of you!

Nicole said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! This post was so sweet...it was fun to hear how you guys met! I hope your 25th year is your best yet!!! Have a great day, you deserve it!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aime I don't even know where to begin when recalling some of my favorite "Amy moments." Thinking back on some of the Shenanigans the two of us got into when we were younger makes me chuckle to myself. I actually stumbled across this picture the other day of us which seemed to sum up our friendship/childhood quite accurately. We were in the kitchen of the Sperry household. Jessica and Bryan were sitting on the bar nearly naked (standard :-). We were dressed in some of our snazziest basketball shorts and tank tops and for some peculiar reason we had our hair frowed out beyond belief. We had a massive bowl of pancake batter between the two of us and both of us had a spatula in hand. Knowing us we were probably preparing for a pancake eating contest or some other unusual event to entertain ourselves.

I just want to say that although we do not talk nearly as much as we should, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know that you are in such a good place in your life right now and I could not wish for anything but the best for my favorite blond :-) Have an amazing birthday!

xoxo,

Christin

-

nathan said...

yea! Happy birthday! I think you guys should post some fun pictures of her growing up and of you! I'd be interested to see what such a beautiful 25 year old looked like at 5 :) or 5 months...
I'm so happy that we got to be there for part of your marriage! You guys were such good friends! I miss you terribly. It was so wonderful to have a friend that felt comfortable enough to walk-in with just a little tap, and me the same. I hope you have the most wonderful day!!!!!

Jill said...

I can't believe you're 25--I know I'm 25, but you just can't be! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'm so happy the way things have turned out for you.

You are one awesome girl and I wish that I could see you soon! Just come over here, dang it!

Ann and John and Annabel said...

Happy Birthday little sis. one quarter of a century, sounds old huh? So many stories I could share, but I really don't want to ruin the beautiful picture Anson created (J/K). We love you so much and look forward to seeing you every month even if I have to change Avery's poopiest diapers...

Lots of love

Ann and John

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are the daughter we never had! Thank you for giving us 2 beautiful grandchildren and for your thoughtfulness and kindness. May the things that are closest to your heart be yours this year. We love you! Barbara

Iverson Family said...

Amy,
Happy Birthday yesterday! I hope you had a great day! That was really sweet of Anson to write that post for you. I have to say that in the 5 years that I have known you, I have seen a lot of beautiful things happen to you. I think you are such a strong and admirable person. You are beautiful and so is your family!

Jentch said...

Happy Birthday Amy. May you are getting old I am glad I still have a few months until I am as old as you. You are great person, mom, wife, and the best friend ever. I am so glad we have stayed close over the years. I hope you had a great birthday.

jhoopes said...

Happy birthday, Amy! Sorry for the belated wishes--I'm a bit behind on blogging, too. Loved looking at all the pictures of you guys! Looks like you've been keeping busy and having tons of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Just in case you don't have it:
lewisjamesmiller@san.rr.com
Marge (Nana) and Jim Miller in San Diego